Popular Karaoke Songs
Most kids love to sing and dance to the most popular songs they know, but when you join in the fun, it’s a whole new level of entertainment. Some of the best memories can be created for kids when parents encourage kids to perform just by singing along. Karaoke songs are the most motivating because they have all the lyrics, and some songs even have their own dances. These are a few of kid’s favorites that parents enjoy too.
1. “Hey, Soul Sister” by Train – The American rock band Train first released “Hey, Soul Sister” in 2010, and it quickly became a hit. In fact, it was the top-selling song in the year of its release on iTunes. With its quick tempo ukulele guitar chords and easy-to-understand lyrics, this is one of the most popular karaoke songs for kids and adults.
2. “So What” by Pink – If your kid loves to rock out and likes an edgier tune, there’s a karaoke song just for you. “So What” by Pink is a pop rock song that debuted on the singer’s Funhouse album in 2008. It quickly climbed the charts across the world and reached the number one spot on Billboard’s Hot 100 song list. Today, it’s still one of the spiky-haired pop songstress’ best songs.
3. “Don’t Stop Believin” performed by Glee - Many families have fallen in love with the TV show Glee. When they performed Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin” in the very first episode, it was the sign of monumental things to come for the actors and singers who stole the hearts of anyone watching. Glee’s version follows the tempo and feel of Journey keeping the dance vibe. As a karaoke duet, there isn’t a tune any more perfect than this.
4. “Pocketful of Sunshine” by Natasha Bedenfield - British singer Natasha Bedingfield released “Pocketful of Sunshine” on her studio album of the same name in 2008. It’s one of the most recognizable and catchy songs for karaoke, and it has been featured in a variety of movies including The Ugly Truth and Easy A. With a fast tempo and upbeat lyrics, this is a great song to duet with kids.
5. Naturally by Selena Gomez and the Scene - Disney pop princess Selena Gomez is one of the all-time favorites for kids. With her positive attitude and vivacious smile, she rocks out a little bit in the electro pop song “Naturally” performed by the singer and her band the Scene. If you love to dance and jump with your kid, this is one of most popular karaoke songs to belt out and have some fun.
There are a few more karaoke songs that are truly awesome to sing with kids on a rainy afternoon or on a “TGIF” kind of night such as “I’m A Believer” by Smash Mouth, “22″ by Taylor Swift, “What’s My Age Again” by Blink-182 and “Here’s to Never Growing Up” by Avril Lavigne. While most of these songs were taken from pop music, you can never go wrong with 1980s hits like “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi and “Walk This Way” by Run DMC. Some of the best karaoke dance parties have a theme for parents and kids to dress up like “Disney’s Misfit Club” or “Wacky 90s Pop Stars.” Once your kids get into the whole theme, it won’t be hard to find some popular karaoke songs to rock out with.